The Nelson Mandela Museum operating in two sites, Bhunga, Qunu has a dynamic and enviable opportunity to serve South Africa, as a steward of a living legacy, to share and learn the true story of Nelson Mandela in context, in ways that inspire and empower people.
The Museum invites applications from suitably qualified, committed, competent and experienced South Africans to serve as a RESEACHER. This is an opportunity to help create a caring value driven heritage institution of knowledge and excellence. The successful individual will be based in Mthatha, Eastern Cape.
Remuneration Package: R 275 290.00 pa
• Matric, Bachelors degree in History, Anthropology or Heritage Studies.
• Minimum of two-year relevant experience in research field.
• Proficiency in English and IsiXhosa
• Ability to translate text from English to IsiXhosa and vice versa
• Good communication and writing skills
• Computer Literacy
• Driver’s License is essential.
• A thorough understanding of the legacy and values of Nelson Mandela
• A post graduate degree as an added advantage
• Conceptualize and undertake research in culture, history and related fields
• Conduct object based research
• Provide input on topics for new research, education and exhibition projects
• In collaboration with the Education Unit, produce educational material in line with the schools’ curriculum
• Write research material text and participate in the selection of visuals for exhibitions
• Make research information available to the public and respond to enquiries
• Present papers at seminars and conferences
• Conduct research utilizing the institution’s library and archives, and all other sources of information to collect, record, analyze and evaluate facts.
• Discuss findings with other personnel to evaluate validity of findings.
• Prepare reports of completed projects for publications
The NMM is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and reserves the right not to make an appointment. Appointments will be made according to our Employment Equity requirements and people with disabilities are invited to apply.
To apply for this position, interested applicants are required to forward a comprehensive CV, recently certified copies of qualifications together with a motivational letter stating reasons for being the candidate of choice clearly marked
REF: Hr /2/2017 in a sealed envelope to:
The Human Resources Manager
Nelson Mandela Museum
P.O. Box 52808
OR Hand deliver to:
Nelson Mandela Museum, Bhunga Building, Corner Owen Street and Nelson Mandela Drive, Mthatha, 5099
OR email to: email@example.com
FAXED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED BY NMM
Correspondence will only be entered with short-listed candidates.
For any further inquiry contact Mr D.Z Mqamelo @ 079 4916 108
10th March 2017