The Nelson Mandela Museum with two sites, Bhunga and Qunu, has a dynamic and enviable opportunity to serve South Africa, as stewardship of a living legacy, to share and learn the true story of Nelson Mandela in context, in ways that inspire and empower people.
The Museum invites applications from suitably qualified, committed, competent and experienced South Africans to serve as CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER. This is an opportunity to help create a caring value driven heritage institution of knowledge and excellence. The successful individual will be based in Mthatha, Eastern Cape.
POST REFERENCE: HR 11/2016:
REMUNERATION PACKAGE: will be negotiated with the successful candidate as a Total Cost to Employer on a 5 year FIXED-TERM contract.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Chief Financial Officer will have delegated responsibility from the Chief Executive Officer and will ensure that effective financial controls are in place, play an active role in risk management as well as accountability to the Chief Executive Officer and the Board. The incumbent is required to assume responsibility for the strategic and technical matters to ensure economic, efficient, effective and transparent use of Nelson Mandela Museum(NMM) resources.
NB: This position includes the Cooperate Governance responsibility.
• B.Com Hons.degree in Accounting or B.Compt (Hons) equivalent finance qualification from an accredited and reputable institution (SAQA).
• A SAICA CA qualification and Masters in Business Administration will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of 5 (five) years senior management experience in Public financial management.
• Sound financial management and strategic leadership skills are imperative.
• Advanced knowledge of (GAAP),GRAP, DORA etc.
• Advanced financial ,accounting and reporting skills
• At least 5 years experience in public financial management.
• An excellent knowledge of Accounting principles and flair for figures is essential.
• Sound experience in preparing Annual Financial Statement and implementing the Public Financial Statements
• Relevant knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act, 1999 (Act1 of 1999) PFMA, the Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act, 2000 (Act 5 of 2000) PPPFA, National Treasury guidelines as well as other relevant prescripts within the public sector.
• Advanced Ability to analyse` financial Information.
• High level people Management skills, conflict management with dynamic problem solution outcomes.
• Pastel Evolution software and other Financial Software experience is essential.
• Advanced computer literacy in financial packages.
• Advanced senior level verbal and written communication skills.
• Understanding of the Cooperate Governance and reporting patterns.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Candidate should be prepared to go for a competency based assessment
• Manage, develop, direct financial plans for the strategic business plan of the NMM.
• Plan, organize and control all the activities of the financial programme.
• Monitor compliance of Supply Chain Management.
• Coordinate and prepare all aspects of the annual operating budget, capital budget and the medium Term Expenditure Framework.
• Ensure monthly and quarterly Financial Management and Compliance.
• Ensure quarterly reports are submitted on time.
• Determine and Implement Financial policies of the NMM.
• Provide Strategic budgeting and revenue management of the NMM.
• Formulate and implement financial policies, procedures and systems.
• Ensure compliance to PFMA, Treasury Regulations, GAAP and GRAP.
• Timely and accurately report to NMM CEO, Museum council and stakeholders.
• Give support to the Audit, Risk and Finance committee
• Establish and maintain appropriate internal control.
• Conduct financial analysis of current and future plans of NMM for sustainability.
• Ensures that approved budgets are adhered to by programme heads.
• Ensures that there is adequate funding available to enable the company to optimise their core business operation.
• Assessment of risks: tax risk, financial risk, safety and internal control risks.
• Ensure proper management of the conditional grant.
The NMM is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and reserves the right not to make an appointment. Appointments will be made according to our Employment Equity requirements and people with disabilities are invited to apply.
To apply for this position, interested applicants are required to forward a comprehensive CV, recently certified copies of qualifications together with a motivational letter stating reasons for being the candidate of choice clearly marked REF: HR 11/16 in a sealed envelope to:
The Human Resources Manager
Nelson Mandela Museum
P.O. Box 52808
OR Hand deliver to:
Nelson Mandela Museum, Bhunga Building, Corner Owen Street and Nelson Mandela Drive, Mthatha, 5099
OR email to: email@example.com
FAXED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED BY NMM
NB: Correspondence will only be entered into with short-listed candidates.
For any further inquiry contact Mr D.Z Mqamelo @ 079 4916 108
30th November 2016