The Chief Executive Officer (CEO), who serves under the overall direction of the Minister of Department of Arts and Culture and a 10-member council, lead the museum.
Current councillors are: Mrs Nozuko Yokwana- chairperson, Mr Vuyani Jarana- Deputy Chairperson, Mr. Ndaba Mandela, Ms. Andiswa Vikilahle, Mr. Similo Grootboom, Mr. Vuyani Booi, Ms. Sylvia van Zyl, Mr Matone Ditlhake and Mr. Khulekani Buthelezi.
The Nelson Mandela Museum reports quarterly to the Minister of Arts and Culture and annually to the National Assembly. This takes place after an independent, external audit.
The Nelson Mandela Museum is of enormous importance in the heritage of the Eastern Cape and for the whole of South Africa. Ensuring that Nelson Mandela’s legacy is protected, treasured and given the support to grow and develop, while helping our people to grow and develop, is a responsibility that is not taken lightly.
We understand the challenges that face us, and undertake to face those challenges with diligence and integrity, and in a way that honours the man to whom this Museum is dedicated: Nelson Rholihlahla Mandela.
The Nelson Mandela Museum is at the centre of the Mandela legacy, and we celebrate that legacy through a variety of projects. They include:
- Creating a reference library with a definitive collection of books about Nelson Mandela;
- Hosting youth leadership camps at the Nelson Mandela Youth & Heritage Centre at which our future leaders are provided with an active learning experience that encompasses human rights, democracy, indigenous knowledge systems and national history; and
- Conceptualising exhibition programmes that illustrate his vision and values, his life and times.
HOW TO HELP
Generous contributions to the Museum are a glorious way of contributing to lifelong learning dedicated to the legacy of Nelson Mandela, facilitating the growth of dynamic programming and taking the Museum to the next level. Options:
- A single donation
- A monthly pledge
- Annual Pledge
- Include the Museum in your bequest / will
You can choose to fund:
- Publications and Programmes
- Outreach & Community Empowerment
- Collections Management
For further information please contact: